Deadline: 14 June 2013
Leo Pharma Research Foundation Awards 2013 in association with the European Society for Dermatological Research.
Applications are invited from exceptional young scientists (PhD/MD) below the age of 40 who have shown outstanding potential to become prominent contributors to the field of dermatological research in the near future. It is expected that successful candidates will have a strong publication record, be a young independent investigator and have a clear vision for the direction of their future research. Previous recipients of the awards can be viewed at: http://www.leo-pharma.com/Home/LEO-Pharma/LEO-Pharma-Research-Foundation/Award-recipients.aspx
Two prizes will be awarded: a Gold prize of ~1,000,000 DKK (~130,000 euros) and a silver prize of ~500,000 DKK (~65,000 Euros). The awards may be used for one or more projects within the prize winner’s area of research and at the prize winner’s discretion. The prize winner shall account for the spending of the money to the LPRF and ESDR. The prizes will be awarded in Copenhagen in November 2013 and the awardees will be required to attend the award ceremony.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 14 June 2013
1. Entry Criteria
• You are a young independent scientist (PhD/MD) who has shown outstanding potential to become a prominent contributor to the field of dermatological research in the near future.
• Applicants should be residents of a European country, living in Europe and aged up to 40 years*
• Applicants should have either already established themselves through independent research, or have been appointed to an independent position
*In exceptional circumstances older candidates will be considered
• The closing date for entries is 14 June 2013
• Entries should be accompanied by the completed application form (Word document) together with a letter of support from a senior researcher in the field. Incomplete or late entries will not be considered
• Please send one PDF or Word copy of this application form, your CV and nomination letter addressed to Thomas Florestan, European Society for Dermatological Research, 7 Rue Cingria, CH-1205 Geneva, Switzerland by email to thomas [at]esdr [dot] org
• Entries will be reviewed by nominated members of the ESDR Scientific Committee and a final decision made by the The Leo Pharma Research Foundation
• The award will be decided in July and announced in the Journal of Investigative Dermatology.
• The awards will be made in Copenhagen in November 2013 and successful candidates will be required to attend the award ceremony
8-11 May 2013. International Investigative Dermatology 2013 (IID 2013) is the five-yearly scientific meeting of the European Society for Dermatological Research, Society for Investigative Dermatology and Japanese Society for Investigative Dermatology. The meeting will be held in Edinburgh, Scotland from 8-13 May 2013. A number of pre- and post-satellite meetings have been arranged. We expect 2000 delegates in Edinburgh and the meeting will combine prestigious guest lectures, plenary and concurrent sessions, sponsored symposia, poster presentations, a rich educational program and more. On the social side, in addition to a welcome reception and social event, we have also arranged an international collegiality event for younger researchers. Note that none of the organising societies will hold their annual meetings in 2013 - the next ESDR-only meeting will take place in September 2014.
Registration for the meeting is open. Please book your accommodation early.